Staggered Start and Dismissal Times for Social Distancing
- 2 & 3 year olds Monday -Thursday 9am – 2pm, Friday 9am-12noon
- 4 year olds Monday –Thursday 9:15am – 2:15pm, Friday 9:15am – 12:15pm
Car Line ONLY will be offered this school year.
All drop off and pick up will be outside. NO parent/guardian will be allowed inside the buildings except by the director’s discretion. All parents will use the car line; pull up to the cones, when parked at a cone, take your child out of the car and stand with them by the car, there you will be met by a teacher or director and temperatures will be taken.
- A screening questions form will be sent home each week. Please keep this in the child’s folder, have it filled out before arriving to school, it will be checked by the teacher during car line each morning
- Hand hygiene stations will be set up at the entrance to the school, so that children can clean their hands before they enter.
Limit access to your center:
- Only the following individuals are allowed to access St. Cuthbert School:
- Directors and Teaching staff;
- Persons with legal authority to enter, including law enforcement officers, Licensing staff, and Department of Family and Protective Services staff;
- Professionals providing services to children;
- Children enrolled at the operation; and
- Parents who have children enrolled and are present at the operation. Parents should only enter the school when necessary and will be screened before entry is allowed.
- All classes will be 5 days, with the 2 day and the 3 day student included in these classes.
- All teachers and Directors will work 5 days a week.
- Chapel will initially be in the classrooms, not in the Sanctuary, until a later date when adequate sanitation becomes available.
Preventative health measures for child care centers:
- Teachers will wear cloth face coverings. (Non-medical grade face masks will be available in an emergency!)
- All teachers, directors, students and parents/guardians entering the school will be screened prior to entering. This will include taking temperatures and asking screening questions.
- Non-Contact Temporal thermometers will be used for the screenings.
- Students who have any signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19: will be sent home.
Require staff to stay home:
- Teachers will be vigilant for symptoms and staying in touch with Lynda or Dana if or when they start to feel sick.
- If teachers become sick at work they will be sent home immediately.
- Teachers should not return to work until they have met the criteria to discontinue home isolation.
Have a plan if someone is or becomes sick:
- An unused classroom or the Prayer room will be used as an isolation room to isolate a sick child, until the parent can pick up their child.
- If a sick child has been isolated in the facility, the isolation room or area will be cleaned and disinfected after the sick child has gone home
Social distancing strategies:
- Teachers will maintain at least 6 feet of separation from other individuals. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
- Teachers will keep each group of children in a separate room to the extent possible.
- Teachers will limit the mixing of children, by staggering playground times and keeping groups separate for special activities such as art, music, and exercising etc.
- During nap time, mats will be spaced out as much as possible, ideally 6 feet apart, placing children head to toe. (2 year only)
- Teachers will minimize the time standing in lines. Keep children at safe distances apart from each other. Six feet of separation between children is preferred.
- Teachers will increase the distance between children during table work.
- Teachers will incorporate more outside activities, where feasible.
Lunch and Snack:
- Each child will provide individual meals and snacks.
- Meals will be served in the classroom
- Teachers will ensure children wash hands prior to and immediately after eating.
- Teachers will wash their hands before preparing food and after helping children to eat.
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Measures
The following will be done in addition to (or in substitution of) existing cleaning protocols in place at the school:
- Routine cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting surfaces and objects that are frequently touched, especially toys and games.
- Clean objects/surfaces not ordinarily cleaned daily such as doorknobs, light switches, classroom sink handles, countertops, nap pads, desks, chairs, & cubbies.
- All classroom bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day, at a minimum bathrooms should be cleaned and disinfected three times per day.
- Hand washing signs are posted in each classroom.
- Handwashing song poster
- Notices for parents on school doors
- Other notices applicable to be determined.
If COVID-19 is confirmed in a child or staff member:
- The Director will contact our local health authority to report the presence of COVID-19 in in the school. Your local health authority will advise you on re-opening procedures.
- The Director will contact Child Care Licensing to report the presence of COVID-19 in the school.
- The Director will: close off areas used by the person who is sick.
- Open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation in the areas.
- Wait up to 24 hours or as long as possible before you clean or disinfect to allow respiratory droplets to settle before cleaning and disinfecting.
- Clean and disinfect all areas used by the person who is sick, such as offices, bathrooms, and common areas.
- If more than 7 days have passed since the person who is sick visited or used the facility, additional cleaning and disinfection is not necessary.
- St. Cuthbert School will follow the CDC guidance on how to disinfect the building if someone is sick.
- Continue routine cleaning and disinfection.
Plan for sick teachers or teacher families.
- Substitute teachers will be in place to cover teachers in the event of staff absences.
Group Events and programs (Thanksgiving Feast, Christmas programs, Parents Day, Spring Program & Picnic)
- Events and group activities will not take place during COVID-19. ☹
St. Cuthbert School Contingency Plan
- If St. Cuthbert School is unable to open due to Covid-19, the teachers will prepare lessons and communicate twice weekly via Zoom and ClassTag with the students
- If the director becomes ill, the school will temporarily close for 14 days, as neither director will be present.